The Software Engineer position is responsible for creating and maintaining SaaS products, custom APIs and micro-services at scale. The primary focus of this position will be development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. This position will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is also necessary.
The Software Engineer position reports to the Cloud Engineer.
Major Goals and Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code in any language
- Integration of data storage solutions - may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify performance issues, bugs and workflow matters. Then devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization in coordination with team objectives.
- Adapt to new technologies that may be selected based on business requirement decisions made along the way (NodeJS, Go, Scala, Java, C# are all potential candidates)
Behavioral Traits, Attitudes and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience (4+ years)
- Experience teaching and learning from other engineers. We work as a close team and believe that building excellent software is a collaborative effort.
- Interest in learning new technologies and owning your code +Agency experience is a huge plus
- Being able to accurately estimate effort and commit to timelines is essential
- Experience working with both SQL and noSQL databases
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
Cognitive skills. Problem solving, logic, reasoning and adaptability across technologies
- Experience developing APIs and web services at scale
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (SASS specifically)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git code versioning and branch management
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as NPM, Bundler, Rake, Yarn, Bower etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated deployment
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k), FSA
- Paid Time Off: Three weeks
- Company Events (including Wine Wednesdays, go-kart racing, beach days)
- Excellent office location and casual environment
- Advancement opportunities as company grows and expands markets
To apply for this position, please click on the link below: